More About Astragalus Root – Powder
• Studies have shown that astragalus has antiviral properties and stimulates the immune system, suggesting that it may help prevent colds.
• Astrafalus is an adaptogen protecting the body from stress and disease (strengthening immunity).
• Diabetes friendly, Astragalus has been known to lower blood sugar.
• Several studies suggest that astragalus may act as an antioxidant and help treat heart disease. Other studies suggest astragalus may help lower cholesterol levels.
• One study found that astragalus may help reduce symptoms in people who have allergic rhinitis or hayfever / seasonal allergies.
University of Maryland Medical Center
Source: Astragalus | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/astragalus#ixzz38mMLMTG7