More About Alfalfa
- The medicinal uses of alfalfa stem from anecdotal reports that the leaves cause diuresis and are useful in treating the kidney, bladder, and prostate disorders.
- Excellent source of natural anti-inflammatory.
- Leaf preparations have been touted for their anti-arthritic and anti-diabetic activity, for treatment of dyspepsia, and as an anti-asthmatic.
- Have known to be helpful in lowering cholesterol levels in animal and human studies
- Traditional medicinal use of alfalfa sprouts or leaves includes treatment of arthritis, kidney problems, and boils.
- Translates into “Father of All Foods” as used in ancient Eastern history to strengthen the immune system.
Journal Of Biomedical Science http://www.jbiomedsci.com/content/16/1/64